Welcome, visitor! [
Sorry, no listings were found.
NJLocalinfo on Facebook
It’s almost Turkey Time!!!
Fried turkey is delicious! However, getting that bird to the perfect crispiness can be dangerous. Just because you saw a video on YouTube doesn’t mean you have all the facts!
PLEASE LIKE & SHARE!
We're sure our firefighter followers have many a fried turkey tale to tell!
Below are safety tips about using a turkey fryer:
Did you know?
Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires.
Five dangers of deep frying a turkey:
1. Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area.
2. An overfilled cooking pot will cause cooking oil to spill when the turkey is put in, and a partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to splatter when put in the pot.
3. Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
4. Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire.
5. The sides of the cooking pot, lid and pot handles can get dangerously hot.
Help prevent a turkey fryer fire!
For more Thanksgiving Safety Tips visit http://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/By-topic/Seasonal-fires/Thanksgiving-safety
Always be prepared. Visit www.ready.nj.gov today.
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/ReadyNJ and Instagram www.instagram.com/ReadyNJ
#MondayMotivation ... See more
The boaters were rescued, but they can't say the same for their vessel.
© 2017 NJLocalInfo.com. All Rights Reserved.
ClassiPress Theme - Powered by WordPress